Sunday, September 20, 2009

Getting Bigger

I guess it is stating the obvious to say that McKenna is getting bigger. But it really hit me today when just a few hours after having a conversation in the mothers' room at church about how small her is, I got home and put her in a new shirt from Old Navy -- 6-12 months and fitting fine! I know Old Navy runs small, but please! McKenna is very tall. If I were a good mother, I could tell you exactly how tall because I would be taking her to her well baby check ups ... which I sometimes do not do. But fear not, her four month check up is scheduled and ready for mid October.

McKenna has started to sit in the bumbo chair and little and watch me cook. It is nice to have her around, and I think she feels the same about me. She still loves her gymini, and inspite of my indications on this blog that I would get out with exersaucer, I forgot. Maybe in a few weeks.

Now, for the future, I must say clearly that McKenna is not nearly on the routine we would like. According to Baby Wise, she should be eating every 4 hours or so. We spend several cycles a day eating every 2 hours. It is not a huge deal or I would do something about it. She sleeps through the night ... sometimes. What it comes down to is that I just am too tired to make her cry it out at night and too busy to let her cry it out during the day. Not sure how I feel about this, but all seems to be going just fine.

But McKenna and I have a special bond. Tim thinks she is a little bit of a mama's girl. He says she is just not quite as happy when I am now around. I think that is cute, but it could mean trouble in the worlds to come.

Anyway, 6-12 month shirt today and 3-6 month pants. A bracelet. And dark hair. And mostly a smile to go along with it. What a babe!

No comments:

Post a Comment