Saturday, March 6, 2010

Weening and Waiting

I stopped nursing McKenna last Saturday. It had been about a week. I didn't really ween. I just stopped like I did with Quinn. I started Clomid on Feb. 27, so it just made sense to ween when the clomid was going to help me dry up. I tried not to think about it too much because it really makes me sad. I loved nursing McKenna. I've been trying to hold her more often now that she is not nursing and doesn't automatically get that special time with me. Sometimes she just needs extra attention.

She still isn't moving much, but she is really trying to communicate more. I love when she pushes my hand away when I try to do something to her or give her something. She shakes her head and pushes my hand. She knows what she wants.

She had her first drop of essential oil in a small bottle of prune juice today. She cried for a long time after that and wouldn't eat dinner. It is probably not related.

As for the waiting. I am waiting to get pregnant again, waiting for Kenna to get teeth, move, and talk, and waiting for my chest to go back to normal.

But mostly I am just proud of my Kenna. She is so nice. She love people. She is her own girl. She was a great sport about weening, and she loves corn just like her mama.

We are headed to California on Thursday, and it has never once occurred to me that the flight might be a problem. I remember flying with Quinn at 9 months. It was hard. She was starting to not want to be on the lap. She was standing in the aisle. Different kid, different story, and I like it that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment