Friday, October 23, 2009

Food, Glorious, Food



Wasn't sure if I was going to jump on the food-at-4-months bandwagon with McKenna, but it is kind of fun to see those cute baby faces spitting out the food and getting all confused. So, I went for it. Didn't want to buy anything, so we started with banana. Quinn helped, and McKenna gagged.

A few days later I made homemade rice cereal, and McKenna ate more and gagged more. It's a work in process. My favorite part of the process is watching Quinn feed McKenna. She is great at it.

Today McKenna seemed to be trying to hide her rice cereal in her bib when I wasn't looking. Looks like I have my worked cut out for me ... or Quinn does.


Homemade Baby Rice Cereal

Cook any kind of rice at a 3:1 ratio. If you are cooking 1 cup of raw rice, add 3 cups of water. If it is brown size, add at least 3 1/2 cups of water for one cup of rice.

Put a few spoonfuls of rice into a magic bullet, blender or chopper. Add water until the mix is the right consistency for your baby's development. Add formula powder to fortify the cereal.

No comments:

Post a Comment