Tuesday, July 28, 2009

7 Weeks

McKenna, like all 7 week olds, is in that awkward baby stage where her hair is kind of falling out, and she just kind of flails her arms and legs all day.

She sleeps between 5 and 7 hours at night, which is wonderful, and these long stretches of sleep are always the beginning of the night. LOVE IT!

She is not a huge fan of her passey. She only takes it if she is really upset and probably a little hungry. But the minute she is calm, she spits it out.

I have tried a few times to have her sleep on her tummy or side because her startle reflex on her back is really intense and she wakes herself up even when she is swaddled. It has not worked. I am worried she might be a light sleeper. Dear me. But she sleeps a ton, so I should not complain.

A few times during our time in Arizona, McKenna got all crazy at night and wanted to eat like every hour and never seemed to get settled. Not sure what was going on, but one night I ended up staying up with her way late. So that night she got to spent a lot of extra time with her Grandma and Grandpa who were probably delighted that she was not in bed yet. Maybe she knew they needed that time and just wanted to oblidge them. What a doll, right?

Sad to say I am pretty sure that she hair is receeding, or in th words of a Californian, "Her tide is going out!" I used to sweep her hair to the side, and now I brush it forward so she wont look like a Neaderthal. Someone on this trip suggested: Headbands!

She seems to have a passion for ceiling fans just like Quinn did at about 3 months and still. Quinn heard me telling McKenna, "Here, baby. I'll put you on floor so you can see your fan." Quinn started flipping out and then I realized she wanted me to come she her fan, which was on the ceiling in the room where she sleeps at Grandmas. She has a lot to say about it. I bet McKenna will too some day.

Yesterday, Aunt Katie was holding McKenna and she found a generous amout of toe jam. She did the honors and cleaned in between each nasty toe. What a great Aunt! Right?

And then also yesterday, Katie and I put McKenna in her first bathing suit. It is a blue one that Grandma bought her. I was worried about taking McKenna out into the 118 degre weather, but Grandma went for it and seemed to have a great time with McKenna in the pool. Then, like always, it was time for a nap.

We are still in Arizona until tonight, and I only have about 2 diapers left. It will be an interesting flight. I am also out of wipes!

No comments:

Post a Comment