Friday, July 17, 2009

July 12 through July 17

So, McKenna, here is what we did this week of your life.

July 12 -- We hit all three hours of church today. You wore that cute dress with apples on it. People were goo-goo for you. Ammie held you during Relief Society. You got a little fussy, so I took you back and wrapped you up. You love a swaddle. I get text in the morning that Aunt Annie's water broke and that she was in labor with Vince. Vince joined the family ranks just before midnight! Welcome Vince.

July 13 -- I took you to the Dino museum at Thanksgiving Point with Ammie and friends. You were an angel and slept most of the time. I fed you at the end of the museum, and we headed to lunch. Quinn got all covered in bubble gum ice cream. Later you came with me to the dentist to find out I needed a root canal. Then you and I went to Melissa's so I could feed you. You were so fun. You ate and then stayed awake for awhile. You layed next to me kicking my thigh. And when you fussed, I wrapped you up and you fell asleep. I was proud to show my friend what a good baby you are. But I think I spoke to soon because you didn't do that routine again for several days!! oops!

July 14 -- Root Canal Day!! You stayed at Lizza's while I went to get my root canal. You didn't want to sleep there. But then you finally fell asleep, it was time to eat. Lizza let you sleep longer beofre waking you up to give you a bottle. You were not interested, ate an oz. and went back to sleep. I nursed you when I got back.

July 15 -- You came with me to my 6 week check up with the midwives. I nursed you in the waiting room AND during my exam. That was kind of funny, but you do what you have to do. Right?

July 16 -- You and I woke up early and had some nice time together. I think it helps your daily schedule if you wake up around 7 a.m. I can do that ... I guess! While you were up and everyone else was asleep. I played doll with you and dressed you up, trying different outfits on for size as i packed for California. In the evening after we all went to the Dino Museum with Daddy, I tried to give you a formula bottle. You were not having it. No thanks, you said. I guess I'll have to try a few more breast milk bottles before me cruise into formula. Aunt Sue and I laughed because the more I tried to give you the bottle, the more milk seemed to be in that darn bottle. You barely took any, and what you did take, you spit out.

July 17 -- Another early morning together. I could get used to this. You smiled at me big time today. I can't wait for you to hold your head up ... at least just a little. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment