Saturday, July 4, 2009

Project Linus

The first thing I saw when I walked into McKenna's hospital room was a blanket wrapped and ready for McKenna. It was a handmade gift from Project Linus, a national organization of quilters who make blankets for sick children. I'm really grateful for this organization. Here is a note I just sent to the Utah chapter heads. It explains who I feel:

I just wanted to thank you for your work with Project Linus. I wrote a quick note to the national Web site, but i wanted to thank you, the locals here in Utah. Last week my 3 week old baby had a high fever and was admitted into American Fork hospital for a few nights. We had just endured several very painful tests with our little one when we walked into our room and saw the Project Linus blanket sitting there waiting for our McKenna to be all wrapped up in it. I was instantly touched because this was not our first experience with that kind of community love and support. Our first baby was in a NICU and was also given a handmade blanket from someone in the community. Both times these gifts have really touched my heart and made me feel loved and supported during times that were almost unbareable. It means so much to me to have the support of loving women in my community, and these blankets have reminded me of that. What peace has filled my heart because of your love.

I just wanted you to know that your service has really made a difference to me. Looks like the comfort of this project can extend passed the child and into so many people's lives.

Thank you very much,

Jill Fellow and her little angels Kristie Quinn Fellow and Avery McKenna Fellow

No comments:

Post a Comment